Sunday, Easter, 2011

I started out about 6 or 7 years ago, I think about that long, wanting to paint portraits in watercolor and that's pretty much what I've done until very recently.  It's always a challenge to capture the expression that gives a face life.  In prior posts I've shown the portrait of my cousin Philip and the portrait of Carol Marine both of which are two of my favorite paintings.

Today, my sister sent me an email about a woman, Kaziah Hancock, who lives in Utah, who is painting portraits of the fallen, the soldiers killed mainly in Iraq.  She does this as her gift to the soldiers' parents. It's moving to watch her paint, moving to think about our freedom and why we have it on this Easter Sunday, moving to think about the parents who have lost their sons and daughters.

Watch this.

No comments:

Post a Comment