Day 56: Wednesday, April 6

I mention Lee Brown quite often. He's a photographer that does beautiful work as he travels the world and he's a painter and he's a generous poster of a monthly challenge.  This March's challenge was a saxophone player in Central Park and Lee was so excited by the number of submissions to the Challenge that he's going to make a photo book out of the submissions and give it to Ralph, the sax player in Central Park, N.Y. What fun and how astonished Ralph will be.

And then I spent some of this morning wandering the web, looking at other peoples' blogs. Have added a list of challenge sites to the blog since I learned how to do that this morning.  There's a blogging website that has "handy hints".

And then I went out to "do my job" as "Art Chairman" for the Arlington Garden's Second Celebration of Its Fifth Anniversary" which is coming up April 30, Saturday, from 9:30 - 2.  By Art Chairman I mean I'm out there recruiting painters, painting groups, plein air painters....anyone and everyone who paints because they're all welcome to exhibit and sell at our Party. The Art has to be painted in or of the Garden (there are no huge pink roses in the Garden for example and I'll know you didn't paint it in/of the Garden ;-))  If you'd like to participate, please email me so that we talk rules and regs which are few but necessary.

And while wandering the Garden I ran into a favorite of mine: Brenda Swenson with her always perpetual smile and wonderful welcoming. Thinking about her I went to her blog and found this wonderful lesson, by Brenda,  about painting shadows.  I think it's something we all have trouble with and I hope Brenda appreciates my pointing you in her direction.  She has some wonderful workshops in negative painting, has a wonderful painting tour of Italy coming up.....take a look at her blog if you have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment