Day 62: Thursday, April 14

Oh my. I mentioned the fact yesterday that Arlington Garden and Pasadena are bathed in sun? I got to the Park about 10 a.m. to meet and greet painters and to try to recruit their paintings for the party on the 30th.........I am fried. I am sunburned. Never even entered my mind to wear a hat! It's just the first day of sun that all of us have stood around in. 

Painted a bit, had a great time. I think we're going to have some wonderful paintings at the Party.  There was one smart woman, parked in the shade, doing some fabulous line drawings and gentle paintings: Phyllis Kato
Have always painted in watercolor, have always painted portraits. This whole trip into plein air painting is really something. It's darn hard!!  And then a while ago I decided to try to figure out oil painting. I started a class at PCC (Pasadena City College) being taught by Jill Kiefer that's an oil painting class for total beginners.  I've actually finished one plein air painting from a photo of the Park that I don't think is all that bad.  I couldn't figure out how to get it dry so I have it in my car where it's hot, hoping that it will dry.  When I can take a photo I'll post it here.

That's all for today folks. It's 10 p.m.............and it's been a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment