Day 142: Feeling a bit sentimental

Sentimental day.  Took the Tiger/Siamese cat back to the Humane Society where I had adopted her 3 years ago.  Her behavior in the house had become extreme and I could just no longer tolerate it but I'm really feeling sad that that was my only way of dealing with it.  After "making" my husband take me out to lunch so that I, at 2:30 p.m. could have a cocktail to drown my sorrows (see recipe for "Penicillin"  ....he had a glass of Aglianico, a yummy Italian wine).......

So still feeling so sorry for myself, I decided to spend time perusing other people's blogs, looking at some gorgeous watercolors/watercolours (yes I got as far as Great Britain......I'll list some names here so that you too can enjoy them in all your spare time.  But while wandering I came across this on http://kayeparmenter.blogspot.com/ and thought I'd like to share it with my readers as well.



To laugh is to risk appearing the fool.
To weep is to risk being called sentimental.
To reach out to another is to risk involvement.
To expose feelings is to risk showing your true self.
To place your ideas and your dreams before the crowd
is to risk being called naive.
To love is to risk not being loved in return
To live is to risk dying.

Our teacher Peggy Reid put me on to Jean Haines blog this morning because of the woman's way with watercolors.  She lives in England.
She mounts a monthly painting challenge which looks really interesting. Here's October's challenge.

And then I got sidetracked again. People's paintings and blogs are being copied all over the place by people too lazy to use their own sluggard brains!  Jean Haines realized someone was copying her paintings.  If you read her blog as marked above you'll see what she has to say.

And then yesterday I came across this blog:  http://www.finearttips.com/2010/07/how-i-stopped-a-copycat-artist-on-facebook/  where she was talking about being copied and sold.

The first time I saw/read about a blog being stolen is because of a crazy, crazy blog I follow that I just love.  I know everyone does not have my same "bent" mind but if you look at www.flourishinprogress.com you might get a chuckle like I do.  Turned out that someone had stolen her whole blog down to the old fashioned advertising that she starts each blog with.  Elizabeth was googling her name and some of her words for the heck of it and was astounded when her blog kept popping up but under a man's name.  Google shut the bad guy's website down but how frustrating to work hard and have other people profit by it.

So there's my rant for this day.  All over the woodlot as my mom would say.


No comments:

Post a Comment