Day 48: Friday, March 25 - For Opera and Classical Music Lovers

I've talked about it before, but I continue to be amazed at the incredible opportunity to see operas and symphonies "up close and personal" through the N.Y. Metropolitan Opera's "Live at the Met" performances and now, the Los Angeles Philharmonic's broadcasts in local HD theaters.

When you go to either of the websites, type in your zip code and it will tell you which theaters in your neighborhood are broadcasting the operas/concerts. You go to a regular movie theater (stadium seating with incredible sound), tickets are about $20, and you feel like you're front row in New York City. Performances start at 10 a.m. here in California and I get there about 9 a.m. because I like to choose certain seating.

There are 3 more operas in this season and one more fabulous Dudamel performance with the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra on June 5.

Le Comte Ory, April 9



Capriccio, April 23



Il Trovatore, April 30



Dudamel playing Brahms on June 5

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this; what a great idea. I've typed in my zip code and have found the theaters near me that do this; yay!

    ReplyDelete