Day 2: 2012 Miranda July and "A Handy Tip for the Easily Distracted"

I'm involved with a book festival in Pasadena: The Pasadena Festival of Women Authors. Our event this year is March 3, Saturday with a fabulous lineup of new women authors and two well known: Elizabeth Forsythe Hailey (A Woman of Independent Means) and Fannie Flagg (Fried Green Tomatoes) and Susan Straight (Take One Candle Light A Room ) and Heidi Durrow (The Girl Who Fell From The Sky) and Michelle Huneven (Blame) in no special order.




Because we are always on the lookout for new female authors with a new book, I've been coming across Miranda July lately. Not known to me previously but the name is sure known now.  She just won the world's richest short story competition, the Frank O'Connor Award, for No One Belongs Here More Than You.  Someone sent me the above video just because I've been asking people if they know anything about her. We just might have to track her down for next year's Festival!!

My friends know that I have a seriously warped sense of humor which is why I find the above video enchanting.  Count yourself one of mine if you find yourself with a slight smile at the end....or maybe even a big smile?

No comments:

Post a Comment